Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gargoyle Amigurumi

Gargoyles!  Apparently they're supposed to be scary... I'm a bit of a fail when it comes to scary.


For some reason I much prefer knitting to crochet.  I honestly have no idea why, especially when it comes to amigurumi.  Crochet is so much easier to shape... and you only have a single hook instead of knitting's 4+ needs where everything tends to slip off.  Anyways, this guys was entirely too much fun to knit!


The pattern is a bit complicated, but I like a challenge.  I remember there being a point at the feet where the pattern just didn't make any sense to me and I stared at my knitting with a bewildered face and made unhappy noises.  I managed to overcome that with a bit of improvisation.


I believe the yarn is I Love This Yarn, and it's peacock color. The bright blue is my favorite, especially when it stripes with the black... and this happened a lot!  It's one of the skeins I received in my "Mystery Bag of Yarn".  He was knit on my size 7 DPNs.  Also, he's got pipe cleaners in his legs and arms which makes him slightly pose-able. 


I think I will call him Wellington.  Hooray gargoyles!

No comments:

Post a Comment