The pattern was really easy to follow. The most complicated thing I had to do was make the toes, and even then I didn't have a problem. The toes are so cute!
I used Red Heart: Super Savers - Black yarn for this, and I worked it with my trusty G hook. The eyes are felt that's been sewn into place. Also, I'd recently broken my plastic tapestry needles so I upgraded to metal needles. I like them so much more.
I also really liked how the wings turned out. There was no picture for them so I didn't know how they looked, but they're cute and they look good. There is no pattern for the tail fins, so I made them up on the spot. Same for the secondary wing flaps.