Thursday, June 16, 2011

Barn Owlet Amigurumi


Owls are totally the popular thing right now, so why not crochet one?  Personally, my favorite owls are in the barn owl family.  There's something about those little heart shaped faces that's incredibly endearing.  Sooty owls look just like barn owls; only gray.  I read a lot of Guardians of Ga'Hoole in my younger years so I've named her Dustytuft... except I'm pretty sure that in the books that was totally a male owl.


This was a Ravelry pattern.  I have no idea what the gray yarn is... it's been in my stash for quite some time.  The other yarns are of course Red Heart: Super Saver.  Again, worked with my G hook.

I also decided to give her a tail.  The pattern didn't provide instructions for one, so I made it up on the fly.  </bad bird pun>

No comments:

Post a Comment